Friday, October 14, 2011

Hulk: Crunching Numbers!






















I've been hacking away on this commission for months and months; I finally got to a point where I felt it was done. The recipient, my wonderful comics-loving accountant, was pleased.

This was an exercise in pushing myself to work in a new way, with an unfamiliar subject, in a style I never work in. It was painful. Ultimately I ended up feeling like my skill set has expanded...though I can't wait to get back to scribbly pencil and watercolor washes and so on... :)

I am grateful to every person who has ever done a depiction of the Hulk and posted it online somewhere. I found inspiration from all of them. Thank you.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Chris, this is incredible! I love the context (your accountant "crunching numbers") and the numbers on the smashed pavement.

Chrissie A said...

Thanks a bunch, Laura, for that lovely comment! Yeah, I wanted to do a little play on words...Tim will be hanging this up in his office and I thought it should relate to his work in some small way... :)

Jenn said...

Looks great!!

Chrissie A said...

Thanks, Jenn!

aisha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
aisha said...

Isuzu NPR Turbocharger
Fascinating work.
It has been delightful
to visit your gallery.
Good Creations

aisha said...

Isuzu NPR Turbocharger
wow i love your unique little creatures. Looking at them really helps start the creative juices.
Cool stuff.